MONTGOMERY – The Alabama Retail Association has completed its slate of officers and board of directors for 2014. Their terms of office began Jan. 1.
The officers for 2014 are:
Chairman: George Wilder, president, The Locker Room, Montgomery and Auburn;
Vice Chairman: Frederick W. “Ricky” Bromberg, president Bromberg & Co. Inc, Birmingham;
President: Richard E. “Rick” Brown Jr., Alabama Retail Association, Montgomery;
Treasurer: Bob Akers, vice president, Davis Direct, Montgomery;
Secretary: Virgie Todd, Montgomery.
Wilder, Bromberg, Brown and Akers serve as Alabama Retail’s executive committee along with Immediate Past Chairman Dianne Wammack of Birmingham and Jacob Shevin, owner and president of Standard Furniture in Alabama and Tennessee, who is the executive committee designee.
The other 2014 directors for the Alabama Retail Association are:
- Wogan Badcock III, W. S. Badcock Corp., Mulberry, Fla.;
- Chris Birdsong, Premiere Entertainment, LLC, Montgomery;
- Monesia T. Brown, Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Tallahassee, FL;
- Jan Clevenger, Belk Inc., Birmingham;
- Kealon Drake, Moe’s Southwest Grill, Auburn/Birmingham/Homewood/Hoover/Opelika/Vestavia Hills;
- Bobby Efurd, Efurd and Sons Inc., Cowarts;
- Howard Johnson, Sneaky Pete’s Hot Dogs, Bessemer;
- Denise Knox, Private Gallery Inc., Fairhope;
- Vince McAleer, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Hoover;
- Lindsey Napier, Publix Super Markets Inc., Marietta, Ga.;
- Todd Noden, Books-A-Million, Birmingham;
- Melissa Parker-Paul, Yancy Parker Lifestyles Inc., Enterprise;
- Irvine Porter, CVS Pharmacy, Bessemer;
- Robert A. Robicheaux, UAB, Birmingham;
- Tammy Rogers, Beaumont Pharmacy & Gift Boutique, Birmingham;
- Fred Roth, Best Buy Co. Inc., Bessemer;
- Leo Shaia, Shaia’s Homewood, Homewood;
- John M. Wilson, Big Bear of Luverne Inc., Luverne.
Ex-officio directors, who include past presidents and chairmen, are: Rodney Barstein, Simply Fashion Stores, Birmingham; Jerry Beasley, Beasley Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Ozark; Darrell Bourne, Ragland Bros. Retail Cos. Inc., Huntsville; Peter V. “Greg” Gregerson Jr., Gregerson’s Foods, Gadsden; Ken Hubbard, Western Supermarkets, Birmingham; Mayor Claude “Bud” Kitchin IV, Lincoln; Bobby Little, Rite Aid, Tuscaloosa; Jimmy Ray Smith, Jimmy Smith Jewelers, Decatur; and Dianne Wammack, Cameras Brookwood, Birmingham.
ABOUT ALABAMA RETAIL
The Alabama Retail Association represents retailers, the largest private employer in the state of Alabama, before the Alabama Legislature and the U.S. Congress. Our 4,000 independent merchant and national company members sell food, clothing, furniture and other general merchandise at more than 6,000 locations throughout Alabama. Alabama Retail promotes what is best for the retailing industry in Alabama and has been doing so since 1943. From legislation to education, through communication and member services, Alabama Retail members benefit from the value of membership in their association. Retail works!
MEDIA CONTACT: Nancy King Dennis | 334.551.0643 | 800.239.5423 | email@example.com