Alabama’s sixth severe weather preparedness sales tax holiday begins at 12:01 a.m. Friday, Feb. 24, 2017, and ends at midnight, Sunday, Feb. 26, 2017, allowing Alabama shoppers to stock up tax free on common supplies costing less than $60 that every home and business needs to prepare for a natural disaster or even a general emergency. Generators costing $1,000 or less also can be purchased free of the state’s four-percent sales tax during the three-day tax holiday. Alabama’s local governments have until Jan. 24, 2017, to notify the Alabama Department of Revenue if they will also waive their sales taxes on the covered items.
- Quick Reference for Tax Free and Taxed Items during the February Sales Tax Holiday
A handy reference to print out and place beside cash registers, post in stores, compare to your shopping list or use as a reference while shopping.
- 2017 Participating Cities and Counties
- Promotional Poster for Retailers (Letter size, print quality pdf)
For retailers to download and use to promote the sales tax holiday in their stores
- 2017 weather preparedness sales tax holiday set for Feb. 24-26 (News release)
- South Alabama hardware store owners encourage weather preparedness (Alabama Retailer story)
- Sales Tax Holiday Rule 810-6-3-.66
- Sales Tax Holiday Act No. 2012-256