MONTGOMERY – The Alabama Retail Association has completed its slate of officers and board of directors for 2020. Their terms of office begin Jan. 1.
The officers for 2020 are:
Chairman: Todd Noden, president, Books-A-Million, Birmingham-based, Alabama and 30 other states;
Vice Chairman: Jodie Stanfield, owner, Local Joe’s, Rainbow City, Albertville and Southside
Treasurer: Bob Akers, vice president, Davis Direct, Montgomery;
President: Richard E. “Rick” Brown Jr., Alabama Retail Association, Montgomery;
Noden, Stanfield, Akers and Brown serve as Alabama Retail’s executive committee along with:
Immediate Past Chairman: Jacob Shevin, president, Standard Furniture, Alabama and Tennessee; and
Executive Committee Designee: Michael Gee, Pants Store, Leeds-based.
The board secretary is the Alabama Retail Association’s Jennifer Henderson.
- Bob Akers*, Davis Direct, Montgomery
- Wogan Badcock III, W. S. Badcock Corp., Mulberry, Fla.;
- Dustin Beaty, Hospital Discount Pharmacy, Jasper; Lavish Boutique and Coffee Bar, Jasper and Cullman
- Raymond Cohen, Cohens Electronics and Appliances Inc., Montgomery;
- Kealon Drake, Moe’s Southwest Grill, Vestavia Hills/Anniston-Oxford/Auburn/Birmingham/Decatur/Homewood/
- Mike Elkins, Unclaimed Baggage Center, Scottsboro;
- Michael Gee*, Pants Store, Leeds/Huntsville/Mountain Brook/Trussville/Tuscaloosa;
- Howard Johnson, Sneaky Pete’s Hot Dogs, Bessemer;
- Skip Johnston, J & M Bookstore Inc., Auburn;
- David S. Marks III, Marks Furniture Co., Spanish Fort;
- Will Meacham, Midtown Pizza Kitchen, Montgomery;
- Todd Noden*, Books-A-Million, Birmingham;
- Melissa Parker-Paul, Yancy Parker Lifestyles Inc., Enterprise;
- Katherine Bell Raynor, CVS Health, Atlanta, Ga.;
- Robert A. Robicheaux (retired), Birmingham;
- Tammy Rogers, Beaumont Pharmacy & Gift Boutique, Birmingham;
- Fred Roth, Best Buy Co. Inc., Bessemer;
- Jacob Shevin*, Standard Furniture, Birmingham/Bessemer/Cullman/Fayette/Gardendale/Graysville/
- Shane Spiller, Spiller Furniture & Mattress, Tuscaloosa/Aliceville/Eutaw/Northport/Prattville/Selma/Thomasville/
- Jodie Stanfield*, Local Joe’s, Rainbow City, Albertville and Southside;
- Lynsey Todd, Monograms Plus of Cullman, Cullman;
- Jeremy Walker, Target, Trussville;
- John M. Wilson, Big Bear of Luverne Inc., Luverne and Greenville.
- Jimmy Wright**, Wright’s Market, Opelika
Ex-officio directors, who include past presidents and chairmen, are: Rodney Barstein, Retail Specialists Inc., Birmingham; Darrell Bourne (retired), Huntsville; Frederick W. “Ricky” Bromberg, Bromberg & Co. Inc., Birmingham; Peter V. “Greg” Gregerson Jr., Gregerson’s Foods, Gadsden; Claude “Bud” Kitchin IV, Lincoln; Jim Rotenstreich, JHF Holdings Inc., Birmingham; Jimmy D. Smith (retired) and Jimmy Ray Smith, Jimmy Smith Jewelers, Decatur; Dianne Wammack (retired), Vestavia Hills; and George Wilder, The Locker Room, Montgomery and Auburn.
The Alabama Retail Association represents retailers, the largest private employer in the state of Alabama, before the Alabama Legislature and the U.S. Congress. Through sales of food, clothing, furniture, medicine and more, our 4,300 independent merchant and national company members touch almost every aspect of daily living. Since 1943, we’ve worked to promote what’s best for the retail industry in Alabama. Whether voicing the retail view when public policy is made, educating members about issues that impact them, negotiating rates for benefits and services or communicating the retail story, the Alabama Retail Association and its members are better together.
Nancy King Dennis | 334.551.0643 | 334.868.2195 (c)| 800.239.5423