MONTGOMERY/BIRMINGHAM – The Alabama Retail Association in cooperation with the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Collat School of Business will honor 13 retail businesses with stores in 48 Alabama cities as Retailers of the Year during the 2014 Alabama Retail Day Luncheon on Tuesday, Sept. 23, in Birmingham. The September luncheon will mark the 33rd Annual Alabama Retail Day and the 15th presentation of the Retailer of the Year Awards since 1999.
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley will be luncheon keynote speaker.
A panel of judges with representatives from the media, chambers of commerce, retail developers, former Retailers of the Year and the academic community chose the Retailers of the Year from a large pool of deserving Alabama retailers who have demonstrated a blend of sound business practices along with commitment to their communities, customers and employees. The level of the individual awards will be announced at the Sept. 23 awards luncheon. Detailed news releases on each winner will be issued on the day of the awards ceremony.
- Frederick W. “Ricky” Bromberg, Bromberg & Co. Inc., Birmingham and Mountain Brook
- Ricky Brooks, Express Oil Change and Tire Engineers, 216 locations in the Southeast, including 100 in Alabama, Birmingham-based
- David and Laura Darby, Darby’s Village Pharmacy Inc., Andalusia
- Carole Griffin, Continental Bakery and Chez Lulu, Mountain Brook, and Continental Bakery Downtown, Birmingham
- Carla Hamilton, Four Corners Gallery, Birmingham
- Jan Jacks, Dreamcakes Bakery, Birmingham
- Tracy and George Jones, Century Automotive Group, Huntsville
- Mike LeCroix, The Orchard Apple Specialist, formerly LifeBytes Apple Specialist, Gulf Shores
- Betsy McAtee and the managers of Dreamland Holding Co. LLC, Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Northport and Tuscaloosa, Ala., as well as Norcross and Roswell, Ga.
- Marco and Elan Morosini, Silvertron Café, Birmingham
- Dave Quinn and Joe Blaszczak, Publix Super Markets – Vestavia Hills
- Joe Richburg, J.R.’s Lawnmower Shop, Opp
- Dink and Suzanne Taylor, Fleet Feet Sports in Huntsville
Photos of the 2014 Retailers of the Year can be found on Alabama Retail Association’s facebook page and are available upon request.
The Retail Day luncheon begins at 11:30 a.m. Sept. 23 at 400 Beaumont Drive, Birmingham. Media representatives wishing to attend the luncheon should contact Nancy Dennis at email@example.com by Tuesday, Sept. 9.
The cost for individual seats at the Retail Day luncheon is $50. To register, go to alabamaretail.org/retaildayregistration/
The Alabama Retail Association represents retailers, the largest private employer in the state of Alabama, before the Alabama Legislature and the U.S. Congress. Our 4,000 independent merchant and national company members sell food, clothing, furniture and other general merchandise at more than 6,000 locations throughout Alabama. Alabama Retail promotes what is best for the retailing industry in Alabama and has been doing so since 1943. From legislation to education, through communication and member services, Alabama Retail members benefit from the value of membership in their association. Retail works!
MEDIA CONTACT: Nancy King Dennis | 334.551.0643 | 800.239.5423 | firstname.lastname@example.org