MONTGOMERY – The Alabama Retail Association has completed its slate of officers and board of directors for 2016. Their terms of office begin Jan. 1.
The officers for 2016 are:
Chairman: Frederick W. “Ricky” Bromberg, president Bromberg & Co. Inc, Birmingham;
Vice Chairman: Jacob Shevin, owner and president of Standard Furniture in Alabama and Tennessee.
Treasurer: Bob Akers, vice president, Davis Direct, Montgomery;
President: Richard E. “Rick” Brown Jr., Alabama Retail Association, Montgomery;
Bromberg, Shevin, Akers and Brown serve as Alabama Retail’s executive committee along with:
Immediate Past Chairman: George Wilder, president of The Locker Room, Montgomery and Auburn; and
Executive Committee Designee: Todd Noden, chief financial officer for Birmingham-based Books-A-Million.
The board secretary is the Alabama Retail Association’s Jennifer Henderson.
The other 2016 directors for the Alabama Retail Association are:
- Avery Ainsworth*, Fleet Feet Sports, Montgomery;
- Wogan Badcock III, W. S. Badcock Corp., Mulberry, Fla.;
- Chris Birdsong, Premiere Entertainment LLC, Montgomery;
- Raymond Cohen, Cohens Electronics and Appliances Inc., Montgomery;
- Kealon Drake, Moe’s Southwest Grill, Auburn/Birmingham/Homewood/Hoover/Opelika/Vestavia Hills;
- Michael Gee*, Pants Store, Leeds/Huntsville/Mountain Brook/Trussville/Tuscaloosa;
- Howard Johnson, Sneaky Pete’s Hot Dogs, Bessemer;
- Denise Knox, Private Gallery Inc., Fairhope;
- David S. Marks III, Marks Furniture Co., Spanish Fort;
- Lindsey Napier, Publix Super Markets Inc., Marietta, Ga.;
- Melissa Parker-Paul, Yancy Parker Lifestyles Inc., Enterprise;
- Irvine Porter, CVS Pharmacy, Bessemer;
- Robert A. Robicheaux, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham;
- Tammy Rogers, Beaumont Pharmacy & Gift Boutique, Birmingham;
- Fred Roth, Best Buy Co. Inc., Bessemer;
- Leo Shaia (retired), Birmingham;
- Terry Shea*, Wrapsody, Hoover and Auburn;
- Jeremy Walker*, Target, Trussville;
- John M. Wilson, Big Bear of Luverne Inc., Luverne.
* New director. Names link to full release on newest board members.
Ex-officio directors, who include past presidents and chairmen, are: Rodney Barstein, Retail Specialists Inc., Birmingham; Jerry Beasley, Beasley Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Ozark; Darrell Bourne, Ragland Bros. Retail Cos. Inc., Huntsville; Peter V. “Greg” Gregerson Jr., Gregerson’s Foods, Gadsden; Ken Hubbard, Western Market, Birmingham; Mayor Claude “Bud” Kitchin IV, Lincoln; Jim Rotenstreich, JHF Holdings Inc., Birmingham; Jimmy D. Smith and Jimmy Ray Smith, Jimmy Smith Jewelers, Decatur; and Dianne Wammack (retired), Vestavia Hills.
ABOUT ALABAMA RETAIL
The Alabama Retail Association represents retailers, the largest private employer in the state of Alabama, before the Alabama Legislature and the U.S. Congress. Through sales of food, clothing, furniture, medicine and more, our 4,100 independent merchant and national company members touch almost every aspect of daily living. Since 1943, we’ve worked to promote what’s best for the retail industry in Alabama. Whether voicing the retail view when public policy is made, educating members about issues that impact them, negotiating rates for benefits and services or communicating the retail story, the Alabama Retail Association and its members are better together.
MEDIA CONTACT: Nancy King Dennis | 334.551.0643 | 800.239.5423