MONTGOMERY – The Alabama Retail Association has completed its slate of officers and board of directors for 2015. Their terms of office began Jan. 1.
The officers for 2015 are:
Chairman: George Wilder, president, The Locker Room, Montgomery and Auburn;
Vice Chairman: Frederick W. “Ricky” Bromberg, president Bromberg & Co. Inc, Birmingham;
President: Richard E. “Rick” Brown Jr., Alabama Retail Association, Montgomery;
Treasurer: Bob Akers, vice president, Davis Direct, Montgomery;
Secretary: Virgie Todd, Alabama Retail Association, Montgomery.
Wilder, Bromberg, Brown and Akers serve as Alabama Retail’s executive committee along with Immediate Past Chairman Dianne Wammack of Vestavia Hills and Executive Committee Designee Jacob Shevin, owner and president
of Standard Furniture in Alabama and Tennessee.
The other 2015 directors for the Alabama Retail Association are:
- Wogan Badcock III, W. S. Badcock Corp., Mulberry, Fla.;
- Chris Birdsong, Premiere Entertainment, LLC, Montgomery;
- Monesia T. Brown, Wal-Mart Stores Inc., Tallahassee, FL;
- Jan Clevenger, Belk Inc., Birmingham;
- Raymond Cohen*, Cohens Electronics and Appliances Inc., Montgomery;
- Kealon Drake, Moe’s Southwest Grill, Auburn/Birmingham/Homewood/Hoover/Opelika/Vestavia Hills;
- Howard Johnson, Sneaky Pete’s Hot Dogs, Bessemer;
- Denise Knox, Private Gallery Inc., Fairhope;
- David S. Marks III*, Marks Furniture Co., Spanish Fort;
- Lindsey Napier, Publix Super Markets Inc., Marietta, Ga.;
- Todd Noden, Books-A-Million, Birmingham;
- Melissa Parker-Paul, Yancy Parker Lifestyles Inc., Enterprise;
- Irvine Porter, CVS Pharmacy, Bessemer;
- Robert A. Robicheaux, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham;
- Tammy Rogers, Beaumont Pharmacy & Gift Boutique, Birmingham;
- Fred Roth, Best Buy Co. Inc., Bessemer;
- Leo Shaia, Shaia’s Homewood, Homewood;
- John M. Wilson, Big Bear of Luverne Inc., Luverne.
* New director. Names link to full release on newest board members.
Ex-officio directors, who include past presidents and chairmen, are: Rodney Barstein, Retail Specialists Inc., Birmingham; Jerry Beasley, Beasley Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Ozark; Darrell Bourne, Ragland Bros. Retail Cos. Inc., Huntsville; Peter V. “Greg” Gregerson Jr., Gregerson’s Foods, Gadsden; Ken Hubbard, Western Supermarkets, Birmingham; Mayor Claude “Bud” Kitchin IV, Lincoln; Jim Rotenstreich, JHF Holdings Inc., Birmingham; Jimmy Ray Smith, Jimmy Smith Jewelers, Decatur; and Dianne Wammack, Vestavia Hills.
ABOUT ALABAMA RETAIL
The Alabama Retail Association represents retailers, the largest private employer in the state of Alabama, before the Alabama Legislature and the U.S. Congress. Our 4,000 independent merchant and national company members sell food, clothing, furniture and other general merchandise at more than 6,000 locations throughout Alabama. Alabama Retail promotes what is best for the retailing industry in Alabama and has been doing so since 1943. From legislation to education, through communication and member services, Alabama Retail members benefit from the value of membership in their association. Retail works!
MEDIA CONTACT: Nancy King Dennis | 334.551.0643 | 800.239.5423