The officers for 2018 are:
Chairman: Jacob Shevin, owner and president of Standard Furniture in Alabama and Tennessee;
Vice Chairman: Todd Noden, chief financial officer for Birmingham-based Books-A-Million;
Treasurer: Bob Akers, vice president, Davis Direct, Montgomery; and
President: Richard E. “Rick” Brown Jr., Alabama Retail Association, Montgomery.
Shevin, Noden, Akers and Brown serve as Alabama Retail’s executive committee along with:
Immediate Past Chairman: Frederick W. “Ricky” Bromberg, president, Bromberg & Co. Inc, Birmingham; and
Executive Committee Designee: Terry Shea, co-founder, Wrapsody, Hoover and Auburn.
The board secretary is the Alabama Retail Association’s Jennifer Henderson.
The other 2018 directors for the Alabama Retail Association are (*denotes new director):
- Avery Ainsworth, Fleet Feet Sports, Montgomery;
- Wogan Badcock III, W. S. Badcock Corp., Mulberry, Fla.;
- *Katherine Bell, CVS Health, Atlanta, Ga.;
- Raymond Cohen, Cohens Electronics and Appliances Inc., Montgomery;
- Kealon Drake, Moe’s Southwest Grill, Auburn/Birmingham/Homewood/Hoover/Opelika/Vestavia Hills;
- *Mike Elkins, Unclaimed Baggage Center, Scottsboro
- Michael Gee, Pants Store, Leeds/Huntsville/Mountain Brook/Trussville/Tuscaloosa;
- *Margaret Hamm, Monograms Plus of Cullman, Cullman;
- Howard Johnson, Sneaky Pete’s Hot Dogs, Bessemer;
- Skip Johnston, J & M Bookstore Inc., Auburn;
- Denise Knox, Private Gallery Inc., Fairhope;
- David S. Marks III, Marks Furniture Co., Spanish Fort;
- Lindsey Napier, Publix Super Markets Inc., Marietta, Ga.;
- Melissa Parker-Paul, Yancy Parker Lifestyles Inc., Enterprise;
- Robert A. Robicheaux (retired), Birmingham;
- Tammy Rogers, Beaumont Pharmacy & Gift Boutique, Birmingham;
- Fred Roth, Best Buy Co. Inc., Bessemer;
- *Jodie Stanfield, Local Joe’s, Rainbow City and Alexandria;
- Jeremy Walker, Target, Trussville;
- John M. Wilson, Big Bear of Luverne Inc., Luverne and Greenville.
Ex-officio directors, who include past presidents and chairmen, are: Rodney Barstein, Retail Specialists Inc., Birmingham; Darrell Bourne (retired), Huntsville; Peter V. “Greg” Gregerson Jr., Gregerson’s Foods, Gadsden; Ken Hubbard, Western Market, Birmingham; Claude “Bud” Kitchin IV, TechBridge Inc., Lincoln; Jim Rotenstreich, JHF Holdings Inc., Birmingham; Jimmy D. Smith and Jimmy Ray Smith, Jimmy Smith Jewelers, Decatur; and Dianne Wammack (retired), Vestavia Hills; George Wilder, The Locker Room, Montgomery and Auburn.
ABOUT ALABAMA RETAIL
The Alabama Retail Association represents retailers, the largest private employer in the state of Alabama, before the Alabama Legislature and the U.S. Congress. Through sales of food, clothing, furniture, medicine and more, our 4,200 independent merchant and national company members touch almost every aspect of daily living. Since 1943, we’ve worked to promote what’s best for the retail industry in Alabama. Whether voicing the retail view when public policy is made, educating members about issues that impact them, negotiating rates for benefits and services or communicating the retail story, the Alabama Retail Association and its members are better together.
MEDIA CONTACT: Melissa Warnke | 334.551.0631 | 256.338.0621